SOA International Offerings Continue to Grow: SOA Annual Symposium in Shanghai
The SOA has been increasingly focused on providing new, cutting-edge programs for our international members. As a part of that effort, we are very excited to present another professional development opportunity—the SOA Annual Symposium, Nov. 5-6 in Shanghai. If you are an actuarial professional practicing in Asia, this important event, focusing on key issues facing actuaries in the Asia region, is just for you. The one-and-one-half-day seminar will provide in-depth coverage in the following areas:
- Enterprise risk management
- Health insurance market and product in China
- Recent longevity issues
- Mortality improvement and longevity risk: Implication for insurance companies in China
- Capital market drives investment strategy–impact to retirement savings and annuity products
- China’s pension market overview and its opportunities for pension actuaries
- Dental insurance
- Law and actuarial science–one country, two systems and three disciplines: Interdisciplinary research of law, economics and actuarial mathematics in assessment of personal injury damages in the People’s Republic of China
- Modeling and statistical methods–some research results on insurance risk models with dependent classes of business
- Advanced analytics in the insurance industry and actuarial roles working with analytics
- Actuarial communication: Making your message heard
- The SOA’s Competency Framework and where do you see yourself in three-to-five years?
We’ve lined up exceptional speakers and put together Informative sessions which will help you grow your knowledge and expertise. You’ll leave with valuable insight into topics impacting actuaries and the actuarial profession in Asia.
Don’t miss this chance to earn CPD credit, including professionalism credits.
The SOA Annual Symposium is also a great opportunity for visibility for your company– view sponsorship details.